Be part of history with the YALSA 50th Anniversary Quilt! If you can sew two straight seams of 6 inches each, you can make a YALSA quilt block. How does this work?
1. Send $5 to Amy Alessio, Schaumburg Twp. Dist. Library, 130 S. Roselle Rd., Schaumburg, IL 60193 by March 25. That donation will cover mailing and supply costs. Anything left over will be put into the YALSA Friends account. (This is how ALA Auctions are handled for each Annual Conference Auction as well.)
2. You will receive three strips to sew into a quilt square of 6 inches. On the middle, silver, strip, you will write in permanent blue ink your name and the title of a favorite YA book. Directions will also be provided with the materials.
3. You will send the block back in the provided envelope to Amy by April 15.
4. The quilt pictures and raffle information will be posted on the YALSA website by May 15. Raffle tickets will be $10 and only a limited number will be sold, to increase chances of winning! All proceeds from tickets will go into the Friends of YALSA account to help fund program and member initiatives.
5. The winner will be announced at the Annual Conference, but the winner need not be present at the conference to win .
The finished lap quilt will be red, blue and silver with a simple zig-zag strip pattern.
Questions? Please contact Amy Alessio at firstname.lastname@example.org