forwarded from Don Wood, Intellectual Freedom Office
The following may be helpful in light of DOPA-like bills on the floor in several states. In Virginia this week, the governor signed a law requiring all public libraries to filter “offensive material;” only adults conducting research can have the filters unblocked. Any Virginia librarians care to comment? Other states are sure to follow suit.
Resources on Young People’s Safety on the Internet
Resources on young people’s safety on the Internet, including cyberbullying, can be found here:
* Child Safety on Web 2.0: Who Should Protect Our Kids?
* Cyberbullying and Free Speech
* Bullies and Bullying
* Additional Resources on Bullies and Bullying
* Especially for Young People and Their Parents
* Safety Resources for Young People
March 30: Participate in Stop Cyberbullying Day by Andy Carvin