I plan to begin 2008 with a few resolutions:
1. to keep active in YALSA through the listservs, the symposium, and the conferences
2. to make new connections to my colleagues via the blog and listservs
3. to participate in the discussions rather than lurking so much
4. to make my voice heard, especially on matters of intellectual freedom
5. to continue to connect colleagues from YALSA to NCTE and IRA so that the conversations about adolescent literacy will include as many voices and perspectives as possible.
I invite all of you to join in. Look for postings here from ALA Midwinter (which is just around the corner). I will be blogging from the press conference. Remember that you an join us live as the awards are announced.
Posted by Teri Lesesne