The votes are in … and Stephenie Meyer again rises to the top of the Teens’ Top Ten! More than 8,000 teens voiced their choice for their favorite books in the annual Teens’ Top Ten poll during Teen Read Week, Oct. 12-18, with “Eclipse,” the third book in Meyer’s vampire series easily taking first place. This is Meyer’s second time atop the Teens’ Top Ten list, as “New Moon” took the top slot last year.
Thanks to YALSA’s YA Galley committee and the fifteen teen book groups who made this year’s list possible! (Want to learn more? Check out the YA Galley Participants page on the YALSA site.)
Here’s the full list:
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
- Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
- Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
- Extras by Scott Westerfeld
- Before I Die by Jenny Downham
- Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who voted!