This podcast is a recording of middle school librarian Stella Farris’ presentation at the graphic novel preconference during the YA Lit Symposium.’ The audio begins with Farris’ introduction to her presentation.
In the presentation Farris discusses:
- The history of manga
- How manga made it to libraries in the United States
- The differences between manga and American comics
- Manga themes, styles, and genres
- Interesting manga facts
- Five manga laws for libraries
- How teens read manga and about manga
- Manga-themed library programs
- Building a manga collection
The slides from Farris’ presentation are also available.