As you may recall from my last post, YALSA’s Nominating Committee is looking for a few good members to step up and volunteer for office in one of several committees, as well as YALSA’s Board of Directors.
- Two candidates for Vice President/President-Elect (to elect 1);
- Four candidates for’ YALSA Board of Directors‘ (to elect 3);
- Eight candidates for the’ Excellence in Nonfiction Award Committee‘ (to elect 4)
- Six candidates for the’ Margaret A. Edwards Award Committee‘ (to elect 3);
- Eight candidates for the’ Michael L. Printz Award Committee‘ (to elect 4).
Please take a look at our’ Election Schedule‘ for details regarding the lengths of terms for the different positions, and to take a look at when subsequent Nominating Committees will be seeking candidates for other offices, including Councilor, Fiscal Officer, and Secretary.
Interested? Sure you are! Now, before you do anything else, download, fill out, and send back the’ YALSA Nominating Form‘ to Committee Chair Paula Brehm-Heeger (that’s paulabrehmheeger [at] fuse.net).’
After you submit your Nominating Form, either Paula or another Nominating Committee member will be in touch with you regarding your interest. The Committee will be putting together the final slate at Annual in Chicago, so don’t miss your chance to participate! Every YALSA member has something to give back to the organization!