Next Wednesday, August 5, at 8pm Eastern, YALSA will sponsor an echat on the topic of risk. As blog readers may know, my YALSA presidential theme for 2009-2010 is Risky Business. This chat will give YALSA members a chance to talk about risk in libraries and how they make risk work for them in their careers and work with teens. It will also be a time for participants to ask questions about risk-taking and libraries. Connie Urquhart, Fresno County Public Library, and myself, Linda Braun, YALSA President will facilitate the discussion.
Connie and I have talked about some of the topics that might come up during the chat and they include:
- What is risk and how does it play a role in teen librarianship?
- How to be a smart risk-taker in the library and in a career?
- What happens when a risk-taken doesn’t have the expected results?
- How library programs and services can help teens be smart in their own risk-taking?
- What stories do echat participants have about their own risk taking?
- How can YALSA help members be smart about risk-taking in their careers?