YALSA gives more than $40,000 in grants and awards to its members each year. Applications are due on Dec. 1. YALSA’s member grants and awards fund travel to conferences, small-scale research projects, collection development, and more. After the jump, learn more about the available grants and how you can apply at www.ala.org/yalsa/awards&grants.
- Baker & Taylor/YALSA Conference Grants This grant gives a YALSA member who has never attended ALA Annual Conference up to $1,000 to attend this year’s event in Washington, D.C. Up to two grants awarded.
- BWI/YALSA Collection Development Grants This grant provides public librarians with up to $1,000 to improve their young adult collections. Up to two grants awarded.
- YALSA/Greenwood Publishing Group Service to Young Adults Achievement Award This $2,000 award recognizes the national contributions of a YALSA member who has demonstrated unique and sustained devotion to the profession.
- MAE Award for Best Literature Program for Teens This award honors a YALSA member who developed an outstanding reading or literature program for young adults. The award provides $500 to the winner and an additional $500 to the winner’s library.
- Frances Henne/VOYA/YALSA Research Grant This grant provides $1,000 in seed money for small-scale research projects that respond to YALSA’s research agenda.
- Great Books Giveaway Each year, the YALSA office receives more than 1,500 books, audiobooks and other materials for review. YALSA and cooperating publishers give the materials to libraries in need. The estimated value of this collection is more than $30,000.
Learn more about all of YALSA’s awards and grants â€” and how to apply â€” at www.ala.org/yalsa/awards&grants.