To follow up their YALSA 101 program at ALA Annual, the Division & Membership Promotion Committee will host YALSA 201 at the ALA Midwinter Meeting in Boston.
This program is designed for YALSA members who are interested in leadership positions such as committee chair or board member.’ Guest speakers will discuss these roles in YALSA, and there will be a Q&A session.
The program will be held Friday, January 15, 2010 from 4:00-5:00 p.m. in the Boston Convention Center Room 160A. This is before Midwinter officially begins, so full registration is not required to attend this event.
The YALSA Happy Hour will begin right after this program at 5:00 p.m. in the Boston Convention Center Grand Ballroom Foyer.
Confirmed speakers for YALSA 201:
- Nick Buron – Board Member
- John Sexton – Chair, Nominating Committee 2011
- Sarah Flowers – Editor, YALS
- Pam Spencer Holley – YALSA author
- mk Eagle – Blog Manager
- Francisca Goldsmith – Course Instructor
- Angela Carstensen – Award/Selection Chair
- Dora Ho â€“ Interest Group Convenor
- Angie Manfredi – Road Trip Coordinator