Have you started planning your trip to Albuquerque yet? The full list of programs for the YA Lit Symposium has been posted â€“ and it looks like a great event!
Here’s a quick rundown of the programs that are planned:
- Beyond Good Intentions and Chicken Soup: Young Adult Literature and Disability Diversity: How Far Have We Come?
- Beyond Titillation: Sexuality and the Young Adult Novel
- Celebramos Libros: Celebrating Mexican-American Literature!
- Commercial Success and Diversity: Are Both Possible, or Are They a Contradiction in Terms?
- Connecting Religious Teens with Literature
- Doomed to Repeat It: Diversity in Historical Fiction
- The Forms and Faces of Poetry for Teens
- Heroes in International Literature
- Images and Issues Beyond the Dominant: Including Diversity in Your Graphic Novel Collection
- Looking for Diversity? Start with Your Own Teens
- The New Gay Teen: Moving Beyond the â€œIssueâ€ Novel
- Talk the Walk: Learning New Booktalking Skills Designed to Reach a Variety of Diverse Teen Populations
- readergirlz Special Ops: Reaching Underserved Teens
In addition to these programs, there will be four paper presentations.
- Out of the Ghetto and into the Cape: The Changing Face of Graphic Literature
- Pushing the Envelope: Exploring Sexuality in Teen Literature
- Teens Today Don’t Read Books Anymore: A Study of Differences in Comprehension, Interest, and Engagement in Print Reading, E-book Reading, and Audiobook Listening
- Cultural Inquiry, A Literature Based Model for Engaging Youth of Color
Keep watching the blog for additional information about the programs. Interviews with the presenters and sneak-peeks of the programs will be posted before the symposium!