YALSA will offer travel stipends of up to $1,000 each to five YALSA members to participate in ALA’s Library Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C. on June 29, 2010, held in conjunction with ALA Annual Conference.
Applications are available as a PDF or Word document. They can also be downloaded at YALSA’s Awards and Grants page and must be sent to email@example.com by April 30. Applications must be sent electronically.
Funding for this stipend is provided through the Friends of YALSA. Friends of YALSA was created to ensure excellence in the association’s traditional programs and services to library workers serving teens and to support growth in new directions as our profession meets the exciting challenges of the twenty-first century. Learn more about the Friends of YALSA.
After the jump, learn more about how to apply, eligibility, and criteria for selection.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants:
- YALSA personal membership
- One to ten years of experience serving teenagers in a library setting
- No previous attendance at or participation in an ALA Library Legislative Day
- Submit your application electronically on the official application form.
- All applicants must be current, personal members of YALSA at the time of application.
- All documents must be named the last name of the applicant, underscore, name of document.’ For example: gilbert_application.doc.
- MS Word documents or PDFs will be accepted.
- Applications must be submitted as an attachment to YALSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications are due no later than April 30, 2010.
- Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Criteria for Selection:
- Candidate’s commitment to young adult library services
- Candidate’s desired learning outcomes for attending the event
- Candidate’s financial and professional development needs
- How the applicant intends to use the experience at his/her home institution
Submission of Application:
Please email applications to email@example.com with the subject line: Advocacy Day Stipend Application.’ All documents should be named the last name of the applicant, underscore, name of document.’ For example: gilbert_application.doc.
Please send’ questions to Nichole Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-545-2433, ext. 4387.