May 10 is National Library Legislative Day (NLLD) and it only takes a minute of your time to make a difference! All you need is Internet access and a Twitter account.
To learn more about other ways can advocate for library services to teens specifically, visit http://tinyurl.com/YAadvocate. Thank you for all that you do to ensure teens have access to great library services and resources and thank you to YALSA’s Legislation Committee for creating this advocacy tool!
- Make sure you’re logged into your Twitter account
- Visit YALSA’s Google map of U.S. Senators
- Click on the push pin in your state
- Click on the “Tweet Me” link
- Click on the “Tweet” button (the text of the message has already been created & appears in the text box)
- Encourage others to do this by forwarding the link of the map to them, adding the link to your Facebook page, blog or web site, etc.