YALSA launched its new Teen Tech Week website at www.ala.org/teentechweek! This Teen Tech Weekâ„¢ (March 4â€“10, 2012), YALSA invites you to Geek Out @ your library! This year’s theme encourages libraries to throw open their physical and virtual doors to teens and showcase the outstanding technology they offer, from services such as online homework help and digital literacy-focused programs to resources like e-books, movies, music, audiobooks, databases and more.
What can you do at the website?
- Begin by registering for Teen Tech Week. Registration is free and gives you access to the 2012 logo, which you can use to promote Teen Tech Week by adding it to your library’s website, blog, Facebook page, or other resources. Also, whenever you log in, you can access the logo by hovering over the â€œRegistrationâ€ navigation bar and selecting â€œDownload the Logo.â€
- Check out our new Toolkits section, with planning resources, tips for getting teens involved, publicity tools and more, including downloads
- Tell us what you have planned in the Showcase section and add your library to the Teen Tech Week Google Map
- Check out Teen Tech Week products from ALA Graphics and YALSA at the TTW Web Store, www.alastore.ala.org/ttw12, including decals, posters, bookmarks, digital downloads and more, all featuring this year’s theme, Geek Out @ your library.
- Questions? Find an answer in our FAQ, submit your own question, or contact us at email@example.com.