While we are all caught in the throes of summer reading, I want to take a minute to remind everyone to look forward to the fall! That's because, as President-Elect, I'll be making appointments to the following YALSA committees and taskforces:
- 2015 Midwinter Marketing & Local Arrangements Taskforce
- 2015 Midwinter Trends in YA Presentation Planning Taskforce
- Alex Award
- Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
- Awards Nominating Committee
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Governance Nominating Committee
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Morris Award
- Odyssey Award
- *Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
*Please note that the PPYA Committee is being piloted as an all-virtual committee for the coming year. YALSA members with book selection and evaluation experience and who are comfortable working in an online environment with tools like ALA Connect, Google Docs, Skype, etc. should put their names forward for consideration.
The Fine Print
- Eligibility: To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member of YALSA and submit a volunteer form by Oct. 1st. If you are appointed, service will begin on February 1, 2014.
- For those who want to serve another year: If you are currently serving on a selection or award committee and you are eligible to and interested in serving for another term, you must fill out a volunteer form for this round (this is so I know you're still interested and want to do serve another term)
- Qualifications: Serving on a committee or taskforce is a significant commitment. Please review the resources on this web page before you submit a form to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time: www.ala.org/yalsa/getinvolved/participate
- Questions: Please free to contact me with any questions or issues at csxtraml at gmail (dot) com
Thanks for all the time and talent you volunteer to YALSA!