YALSA members, I have a question for you â€“ have you filled out your volunteer forms yet? I've been working with the amazing Letitia Smith to begin looking at committee volunteers, and have noticed that I'm not seeing all the people who talked with me in Chicago or online and who expressed interest in volunteering their time to serve on a selection committee. So, please, please, please make sure that you've completed the volunteer form! And for the committee members who are eligible to serve a second year, be sure you've filled out the paperwork too!
As a reminder, I'm going to be appointing members to these committees:
- 2015 Midwinter Marketing & Local Arrangements Taskforce
- 2015 Midwinter Trends in YA Presentation Planning Taskforce
- Alex Award
- Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
- Awards Nominating Committee
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Governance Nominating Committee
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Morris Award
- Odyssey Award
- *Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
*Please note that the PPYA Committee is being piloted as an all-virtual committee for the coming year. YALSA members with book selection and evaluation experience and who are comfortable working in an online environment with tools like ALA Connect, Google Docs, Skype, etc. should put their names forward for consideration.
So, take a moment, check out the committees, and be sure to visit this page to get information on participating in YALSA, especially in terms of time commitments, travel expectations, and more!
Thanks for all that you do for YALSA!
The Fine Print
- Eligibility: To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member of YALSA and submit a volunteer form by Oct. 1st. If you are appointed, service will begin on February 1, 2014.
- For those who want to serve another year: If you are currently serving on a selection or award committee and you are eligible to and interested in serving for another term, you must fill out a volunteer form for this round (this is so I know you're still interested and want to do serve another term)
- Qualifications: Serving on a committee or taskforce is a significant commitment. Please review the resources on this web page before you submit a form to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time.
- Questions: Please free to contact me with any questions or issues at csxtraml at gmail (dot) com