As part of Celebrate Teen Literature Day, the 2014 Teen Read Week website officially went live today!
Online community members now have full access to a variety of resources to help them plan their Teen Read Week. Individuals who are not online community members yet are encouraged to join for free to gain full access to resources, perks, and monthly updates.
Resources and incentives include:
- Downloadable low-resolution theme logo
- Forums: Discuss and share TRW related resources and experiences
- Grants: Teen Read Week Activity Grant and Teens’ Top Ten Book Giveaway
- Ready to use planning and publicity tools
- Products: Posters, bookmarks, manuals, and more
- Showcase: Share your planned events
- Webinars : Free access to a live webinar to help you prepare for TRW, as well as archived webinars
- And more resources and perks to come
The theme this year for Teen Read Week is Turn Dreams into Reality @ your library and will be celebrated October 12-18, 2014. The national spokesperson for this year’s celebration is Australian actor Brenton Thwaites, who stars in the highly anticipated movie adaptation of the book, The Giver, set for release on August 15, 2014.
As libraries shift into full gear to plan for Teen Read Week, authors and publishers are reminded that they can also be involved in Teen Read Week as well. Publishers and other corporate groups can become sponsors to help YALSA build the capacity of libraries to meet the literacy needs of teens. Current sponsors include Blink and the Dollar General Literacy Foundation. For more information on how to become a sponsor, please contact YALSA’s Executive Director, Beth Yoke at firstname.lastname@example.org.’ Authors can visit the Teen Read Week site for a list of ideas on how they can participate.
For more information about Teen Read Week, visit the Teen Read Week website.