February President’s Report
Just a quick update from a short month! The Board has been having quite a number of conversations related to strategic planning, and I invite you to the next town hall – May 14th at 8pm EST to be part of the discussions!
- Hosted YALSA member town hall to discuss member implementation of the recommendations from the Futures report.
- Led a Board Planning Session which focused on outcomes training and ways to incorporate outcomes into YALSA’s strategic planning process.
- Prepared board standing committees for revised quarterly chair report review process
- Appointed members to fill vacancies on various committees.
- Facilitated online discussion and voting for student engagement taskforce, programming guidelines, and the president’s program.
- Spoke with Santa Rose Press about teens and library usage
- Elections begin March 24 and run through May 1.
- Congratulations to the winners of YALSA’s writing awards: Shari Lee, Sarah Ludwig, Jaina Shaw, and Anna Tschetter.
- See you in San Francisco, Lisa Castellano, Lauren Lancaster, and Alicia Tate, the winners of YALSA’s Conference Travel Grants.
- Happy collection development to Kay Hones, Christy James, and Joan Yarsa, whose libraries are receipts of materials from YALSA’s Great Books Giveaway
- Special shout out to Sarah Hashimoto and Robin Fogle Kurz, the winners of YALSA’s Volunteer of the Year award.
- Peggy Hendershot brought diversity to the forefront of her teen discussions and won the MAE award for best literature program
- Smooth ordering to Brandt Ensor, Jean Forness, Graig Henshaw, Carolann MacMaster, Emma McCandless, Brooke Nelson, Emily Otis, and LaRaie Zimm, the winners of the MAE collection development grants.
- Membership – 5,168 members in Jan, up 1% over this time last year
- Donations – $2,029.21