Thank you to all who ran for positions on the 2018 Edwards, Nonfiction & Printz Award Committees and congratulations to those who were elected!
These award committees are partially filled by elected spots and partially filled by appointed spots, so now through June 1st, YALSA is collecting volunteer forms for the 2018 Edwards, Nonfiction and Printz Award Committees that will begin work Feb. 1st, 2017 and for the 2017 YA Services Symposium Planning Taskforce (held in Louisville, KY) that will begin work later this year.
If you are interested in one of these committees or the Symposium taskforce, the first thing to do is learn all about what the expectations are for members of these groups.
These resources can help:
- Watch this free Award Committee Webinar
- Read this article How to Succeed on a YA Book Committee (PDF)
- Talk to current committee chairs to get first hand information about what is expected of committee members
- Read the Awards Committees Conflict of Interest Policy
- Read the Committee FAQ
- Read the descriptions of YALSA award committees and taskforces
If you feel you have met the criteria and have the time available to serve on one of these YALSA award committees or the symposium taskforce, you are encouraged to fill out the Committee Volunteer Form between now and June 1st.
In order to be eligible to serve on a YALSA committee, you must be a current personal member.
To learn more about membership, or to join, go to http://www.ala.org/yalsa/join.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me at gsarahthelibrarian @gmail.com