Wondering what the Board has been up to? Read the president’s report below!
- Held a board meeting August 1 to complete work from Annual about transforming member participation
- Organized and led a Member Town Hall on August 17
- Filling strategic committee vacancies as they become open
- Board created a new YALSA Los Angeles County Area Interest Group. To join, see here.
- Board approved the location of the 2018 YA Services Symposium–Salt Lake City!
- Board’s three standing committees (Advocacy, Funder & Partner Development, Leading the Transformation of Teen Services) met to discuss committee task lists and quarterly reports
- Held September monthly board chat to discuss member survey results and committee reports and task lists
- Nominating committees completed roster for Spring 2017 ballot
- Appointed Crystle Martin to be the YALS editor, as Linda Braun is stepping down. Crystle has done an excellent job managing the YALSAblog, and is looking forward to this new role. Look for an announcement soon about the search for a new YALSAblog Manager.
Works in Progress
- Selection List Transition Task Force invites have been sent
- Applications being reviewed for Member Manager for Teen Programming HQ
- Preparing for YALSA’s YA Services Symposium & Fall Executive Committee meeting that will be held in Pittsburgh
Media & Outreach
- Interviewed by School Library Journal about the selection list transition task force
- Next member town hall will be on Nov. 16 from 5-6, eastern
- Volunteer by Oct. 1 for nominating committees, awards, BFYA and GGN
- Early bird registration rates for the YALSA YA Services Symposium Nov. 4-6, 2016, in Pittsburgh, ends on Sept. 15!
- Take advantage of bundled registration for ALA Midwinter and Annual in 2017!
and thanks to
- Gregory Lum, the new chair of the Selection List Transition Task Force
- Colleen Seisser, the new chair of the Division & Membership Promotion Committee
- All of our members for all that you do to support teens and teen library services in your communities
- YALSA Board for your hard work and dedication
- Christina Vortia, for filling open position on the Division & Membership Promotion Committee
- Derrick Burton, for filling open position on the Community Connections Task Force
Sarah Hill, YALSA President