Looking for ways to participate in YALSA? Have the time and energy to serve on a YALSA Selection Committee? Have previous literature evaluation experience and previous successful committee experience? Have a strong sense of integrity and high ethical standards?
If you answered yes, then make sure to complete a Committee Volunteer form now. The form closes on Friday, June 2nd .
As YALSA President-Elect, I’m preparing to make appointments to the Printz, Edwards, and Nonfiction Award committees. If appointed, work on these committees will run from Feb. 1, 2018 through Jan. 31, 2019.
- To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member of YALSA and submit a Committee Volunteer form.
- Individuals may not serve on more than one selection or award committee at the same time, nor may they serve on the board and a selection or award committee at the same time.
- There are no virtual members on Printz or Nonfiction—those committee members MUST attend ALA’s 2018 Annual Conference and 2019 Midwinter Meeting. The Edwards Committee works 100% virtually, so there are no in-person meeting requirements for that committee.
Important Points to Keep in Mind:
- We strive to ensure a broad representation on all committees across diverse backgrounds, types of libraries, geographic location and more.
- Serving on an award committee is a significant commitment.
- Please think about what your work, personal, and family commitments will be in 2018 before you submit a form to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time.
- When you fill out a form, you will receive an automated email response letting you know it was received. After that, you should not expect to hear about the status of your volunteer form until I contact you in mid to late June.
Please free to contact me with any questions at email@example.com
Thanks for volunteering with YALSA!