Have you wanted to get involved in YALSA but don’t know where to start? Are you a committee pro but don’t have the time to commit to a full year committee term? Are you a YALSA member who likes a shorter term volunteer opportunity?
Juries and short-term groups may be just what you are looking for! These opportunities range in length from 3 to 6 months.
Juries (3-month appointment, starting in Nov.1; 4-month appointment for chairs, starting Oct. 1)
- Conference Scholarships
- BWI Award
- Frances Henne
- Great Books Giveaway
- MAE Award
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Writing Award
Short Term Groups
- Annual Conference Marketing & Local Arrangements (6 months, starting Jan. 1)
- Board Development Committee (starts work in Jan.) New this year!
- Midwinter Marketing & Local Arrangements (6 months, starting Sept. 1)
- National Library Legislative Day (6 months, starting Dec. 1) New this year!
- Teen Tech Week (6 months, starting Oct. 1)
The jury and short-term group volunteer window is open until July 1. Use this quick form to volunteer! Once you have been appointed to a committee or jury you will receive an email from the Membership Marketing Manager. Accept your place on the committee or jury by responding to the email and be ready to jump in when you here from the chair.
The Fine Print
- Eligibility: To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member and submit a volunteer form by Oct. 1. If you are appointed, service will begin on February 1, 2017.
- Qualifications: Serving on a committee is a significant commitment. Before filling out a volunteer form, review the resources on this web page to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time: ala.org/yalsa/getinvolved/participate
Thanks for all the time and talent you volunteer to YALSA!
If you have questions feel free to get in touch with me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Crystle Martin, YALSA Secretary, YALSA 2017-2018 President-Elect