If you’re attending Annual, I hope you can join us Monday, June 26, from 10:30-noon, in the Convention Center, room W184bc, for the Annual YALSA Membership Meeting and President’s Program!
During the membership meeting, you’ll meet the current YALSA Board of Directors, as well as next year’s Board. We’ll recognize grant and award winners, as well as donors. I’ll give a brief update of board actions over the past year, and the incoming president-elect, Sandra Hughes-Hassell, will discuss her initiative for next year.
Directly after the membership meeting, my presidential program task force chair, Valerie Davis, will lead a panel discussion on the theme of “Real Teens, Real Ready” about college/career readiness and adulting. She had great help finding these speakers–her task force members were Lisa Borten, Lisa Dettling, Jeremy Dunn, Katie Guzan, and Ellen Popit.
- Tiffany Boeglen and Britni Cherrington-Stoddart, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library – Non-Traditional Career Paths
- Laurel Johnson, Skokie Public Library – Neutral Zone/Peer Guided Conversations
- Lisa Borten, Brooklyn Public Library – Youth Council/Urban Art Jamm
- Jennifer Steele, Chicago Public Library – (PRO)jectUS, creative workforce development/partnerships
- Emmanuel Pratt, Sweet Water Foundation, Chicago – Neighborhood Development for Youth
The presentations are going to be awesome, so be prepared to find ideas that you can implement in your community! See you there!