As you know, Beth Yoke tendered her resignation as YALSA Executive Director in January. The search for the new Executive Director is currently underway.
The search committee includes three members of the YALSA Executive Committee and four ALA staff members:
- Sandra Hughes-Hassell, YALSA President
- Crystle Martin, YALSA President Elect
- Todd Krueger, YALSA Division Councilor
- Mary Ghikas, ALA Executive Director
- Dan Hoppe, ALA AED of Human Resources
- Aimee Strittmatter, ALSC Executive Director
- Beatrice Calvin, ALA Manager of Professional Development.
The job was posted Friday, March 2, on the ALAJobList. It is also being posted to other sites, including sites that are frequented by individuals seeking association executive director positions.
The committee will review and rank applications as they are received – we have already received a number of applications. On April 17th, the committee will have a conference call to determine which 8-11 of the applicants will move on to the next step in the process.
Our goal is to have a new Executive Director in place by August 31, 2018. As the process moves forward, I will continue to keep you updated. If you have any questions about the process, please reach out to me, Crystle, or Todd.
YALSA President 2017-2018