As you may know, the YALSA Board works year round. Since September we have been creating, discussing & voting on Board documents virtually. The Board made recommendations to change the Quarterly Report form for committees to a Committee Impact Report.
The Board approved revisions to the Mission and Vision and developing an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Plan, as recommended by the Advancing Diversity Taskforce. This document is posted in the Midwinter 2019 Meeting Agenda and the EDI Plan is published on Issues and Current Projects.
The Board is making progress with Strategic Planning and is in the final phase of hiring a strategic planning consultant.
The final document that the Board has worked on has been to appoint Dora Ho has YALSA’s new Fiscal Officer.
- Thank you to Sharon Deeds, Joella Bagshaw, and Christina Walsh for their work as the Symposium Local Arrangement Committee in Salt Lake!
- Thank you to Tess Wilson for guest editing the fall issue of YALS on Year Round Teen Services. It will be available to read very soon.
Relevant Stats & Data
- October Membership: 4,638 (-3,23% from October 2017)
- Funds raised for September and October: $5,335
- Take a moment to read the full Advancing Diversity Taskforce Report, which is now available!
- Read the new EDI Plan.
- The YALSA Board approved a new version of YALSA’s Competencies. Make sure to check out the YALSAblog to learn more about these competencies. Find out about the upcoming free webinar competencies series here.
- The Public Library & School Library Collaboration Toolkit, the result of a three-year collaborative effort with members of AASL, ALSC and YALSA, provides information, research, and examples to will help facilitate and incorporate collaborative initiatives. Make sure to check it out!
- Check out the The Hub for the the latest on YA resources!
- Check out the Current Projects page to stay updated on what’s going on!
YALSA President 2018-2019