It’s that time of year again! As YALSA President-Elect, I’ll make appointments in November for the following YALSA committees that will begin work in early 2017.
- Award Nominating Committee
- Governance Nominating Committee
- Alex Awards
- Morris Award
- ALSC/BOOKLIST/YALSA Odyssey Award
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Great Graphic Novels
You can gain valuable YALSA and professional development experience by volunteering to be on a YALSA committee. You will also be helping YALSA achieve its mission to “support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives.”
- To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member of YALSA and submit a Committee Volunteer form by October 1, 2016. If you are appointed, service will begin on Feb. 1, 2017 (except for the nominating committees which will start January 1, 2017).
- Individuals may not serve on more than one selection or award committee at the same time, nor may they serve on the board and a selection or award committee at the same time.
- If you are currently serving on a committee and are eligible to and interested in serving for another term, you must fill out a volunteer form (so I know you’re still interested and want to do serve another term).
Important Points to Keep in Mind:
- We strive to ensure a broad representation on all committees across diverse backgrounds, types of libraries, geographic location and more.
- Serving on a committee or task force is a significant commitment. Please review the resources on this web page before you submit a form to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time.
- All selection and award committee members must attend every committee meeting during their term of appointment. If you cannot commit now, then please do not fill out a volunteer form. The only exception is the Edwards.
- When you fill out a form, you will receive an automated email response letting you know it was received. After that, you should not expect to hear about the status of your volunteer form until I contact you in November.
Please free to contact me with any questions at email@example.com
Thanks for volunteering with YALSA!