A huge thank you goes out to Angela Veizaga for all her great work the past year as member manager of the HQ. Thanks, Angela!
YALSA is seeking a Member Manager for its programming web site, Teen Programming HQ for a one year term starting January 1, 2018. Apply by November 15.
The mission of the site is to provide a one-stop-shop for finding and sharing information about library programs of all kinds for and with teens. The site promotes best practices in programming by featuring user-submitted programs that align with YALSA’s Teen Programming Guidelines, Futures Report and Mission Statement. Additionally, the site enables members and the library community to connect with one another to support and display their efforts to continuously improve their teen programs.
The Member Manager will work with YALSA’s Communications Specialist to ensure the site is relevant, interactive, engaging and meeting member needs for information about innovation in teen programming, as well as participates in the maintenance of the site and work within the guidelines for the site as set by the YALSA Board of Directors. The Member Manager drives the recruitment of experts and the collection of content for the site; generates ideas for direction and content; obtains, analyzes and uses member and library community feedback about the site; assists with marketing; and ensures programming related activities, news and resources from YALSA are integrated in the site, and vice versa.
List of Qualifications for the Member Manager:
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to delegate work and to manage a variety of contributors and volunteers
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in web site maintenance
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of best practices in teen programming, as outlined in YALSA’s Teen Programming Guidelines, Futures Report, and Mission Statement
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work well in a mostly virtual setting, including using tools such as Google Drive, Google Calendar, Skype, etc. to coordinate work and communicate with others
- Membership in YALSA and a passion for YALSA’s mission
- High ethical standards and no real or perceived conflict of interest with YALSA or its portfolio of print and web publications