YALSA wants to support you as you implement “The Future of Library Services for and with Teens: a Call to Action,” and is currently considering publishing books focused on major topics in the report.
The YALSA Publications Advisory Board has identified some of the topics from the Futures report that are the most under-represented in professional literature, and we want your input. Fill out this brief poll to let us know which subjects and formats you would find the most useful in future publications from YALSA.
Which topics from the Futures report would you most like to see covered in books published by YALSA? (choose up to 3)
- Teen collaboration/partnership in library services (16%, 31 Votes)
- Cultural competency (addressing racism, classism, ableism, etc.) (14%, 27 Votes)
- Teen workforce development/leadership development (12%, 23 Votes)
- Serving nontraditional teens (homeless, pregnant, incarcerated, dropped out, etc.) (11%, 20 Votes)
- Creating learning labs/learning commons (9%, 17 Votes)
- Formal assessment of teen interests/needs (8%, 16 Votes)
- Connected learning in libraries (8%, 15 Votes)
- Serving homeschooled teens (6%, 12 Votes)
- Serving special needs teens (5%, 10 Votes)
- Serving suburban/rural teens (5%, 10 Votes)
- International teen literature (beyond English-speaking countries) (4%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 67
In which format would you prefer to purchase titles from ALA/YALSA? (choose up to 2)
- Physical books (36%, 31 Votes)
- Shorter (50-70 page) downloadable eBooks (29%, 25 Votes)
- Book/eBook bundles (25%, 22 Votes)
- Full-length eBooks (10%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 58
Do you have a great idea for a book? Knowledge you want to share? A desire to give back to your professional community? Consider publishing with YALSA! Find more information about submitting publication proposals or writing queries for Young Adult Library Services (YALS) here.