Programs cover the entire spectrum of topics related to providing services for and with young adults. This year’s theme is Biggest Little Spaces: How Libraries Serve the Expanding Worlds of Teens. New this year and included in registration is the Edwards Luncheon. Registration is open to anyone with an interest in young adult services and literature.
- Access to recordings of all sessions for one-year post event
- Opening Session: Space to Deal: How Authors Turn Real Life into Stories with Empathy, a conversation with authors Traci Chee, Sharon Flake, Alan Gratz, April Henry
- Author Breakfast (Saturday): Taking Space: Making Diverse Voices Heard in a Crowded Landscape, a conversation with Kim Johnson, Ryan La Sala, Anna-Marie McLemore, and Nic Stone.
- Edwards Luncheon: Hear from 2020 Edwards Award winning author Steve Sheinkin
- Author breakfast (Sunday): Pride of Space: LGBTQ+ Representation in YA, a conversation with George M. Johnson, Dahlia Adler, TJ Klune, and Aiden Thomas, moderated by Malinda Lo.
- Closing Session: Inner Spaces: Creating Compelling Characters Dealing with Tough Topics, a conversation with Romina Garber, Adib Khorram, Mark Oshiro, and Courtney Summers
Early Bird Registration Rates (Now – September 15)
- $129 YALSA Personal Member
- $199 ALA Personal Member (Join YALSA by phone: 800.545.2433)
- $39 Students (enrolled full-time in a library program)
- $249 Others (Join ALA/YALSA by phone: 800.545.2433)