Tweet Greetings! August was the first month where the new Board met after Annual for our monthly Board Chat! The highlight of the month was rolling out the new YALSA Strategic Plan to YALSA Chairs. Thank you so much all that were able to attend and be part of helping give shape to our new direction. Stay tuned at the end of September for a Snack & Chat (9/30 at 1p CST) where there’s an open discussion for all regarding the Strategic Plan.
In other highlights:
- Sent request for memorial resolution to ALA Liaison for members Ann Pechacek and Sandra Payne
- Shared news and call for volunteers for Social Media Marketing Strategic Committee shift from a Taskforce (based on Board action at Annual)
- Shared news and call for volunteers for Updating Core YALSA Toolkits Taskforce (based on Board action at Annual)
- Connected online with 2021 YALSA Spectrum Scholar, Vidhya Jagannathan
- Read August Chair Quarterly Reports. Working on connecting with liaisons to best support our amazing Chairs
- Drafted a job description for Board Fellow Ex Officio position (based on Exec Board discussion prior to Annual)
- Confirmed appointment for YALSA representation with the Accessibility Assembly with RUSA
- Updated President’s Theme Taskforce. Called for Board vote. Quorum met and will share more details in September
- Started a shared sign-up sheet with the Board on how we can be even more transparent with the membership. A look ‘behind the curtain’ on what we’re working on and who we are. So excited to see this roll out!
Stats and Financials (reminders)
YALSA Membership Stats – the Membership Report from Annual has our most recent data
YALSA Fiscal Report – the Fiscal Report from Annual has our most recent information on YALSA’s financial standing.
Thank you all for checking in and being a part of YALSA. With the start of the new school year during the pandemic, and for some of us going back to the office for the first time in awhile- there no doubt continues to be heaviness on our shoulders. Be good to yourself and take a minute to acknowledge the great work you’re doing on a daily basis with the youth you serve in whatever capacity we can do at this time.
Any questions or comments, feel free to post below or email: email@example.com.