Have you wanted to get involved in YALSA but don’t know where to start? Are you a committee pro but don’t have the time to commit to a full year committee term? Are you a YALSA member who likes a shorter term volunteer opportunity?
Member award juries and short-term groups may be just what you are looking for! These opportunities range in length from 3 to 6 months. What does a jury do? They vet applications for a particular member grant or award and choose a winner.
Juries (3-month appointment, starting in Nov.1; 4-month appointment for chairs, starting Oct. 1)
- Conference Scholarships
- Collection Development Grant
- Frances Henne Research Grant
- Great Books Giveaway
- MAE Award for Best Literacies Program
- Outstanding Achievement Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Writing Award
Short Term Groups
- Annual Conference Marketing & Local Arrangements (6 months, starting Jan. 1)
- Board Development Committee (starts work in Jan.) New this year!
- Midwinter Marketing & Local Arrangements (6 months, starting Sept. 1)
- National Library Legislative Day (6 months, starting Dec. 1) New this year!
- Teen Tech Week (6 months, starting Oct. 1)
The jury and short-term group volunteer window is open until July 14. Use this quick form to volunteer! Once you have been appointed to a committee or jury you will receive an email from the Membership Marketing Manager. Accept your place on the committee or jury by responding to the email and be ready to jump in when you here from the chair.