Our annual digital camera scavenger hunt is among the easiest of programs to run. It basically works like a promotional street team: the teens leave the library, work with people in the town to cross off items on the list (and, in the meantime, spread the word about the library program), and then the teens come back with the evidence on their phones and cameras.
First, the rules:
1. Someone from the team must be in the photo. In group photos, everyone has to be in the photo.
2. All team members must be aged 12-19 (2-4 team members per team)
3. All team members must start at the library together (hunt begins at 2:05 pm) and arrive at the library by 3:45 pm with their camera. For every minute you are late, 5 items are disqualified
4. All items must be visible in a photo
5. All team members must act respectfully at all timesâ€”this includes asking permission for taking anyone’s photo
6. Once arriving at the library, a team member must describe each photo to a library staff member.
Are you at Midwinter and do you want to win some fabulous prizes? Then take part in the Teen Tech Week scavenger hunt, by following the QR code clues throughout the conference and online. If you reach the end and enter your name on the secret raffle page, you’ll have a chance to’ win a fabulous prize package from YALSA and our TTW sponsors, including’ a copy of the 50th anniversary edition of The Phantom’ Tollbooth‘ (signed by both Norton Juster and Jules Feiffer!), and a t-shirt from Figment.com!
Head over to the TTW 2012 website to begin the hunt, and good luck! Thanks so much to our TTW sponsors for making this all possible.
Win a fabulous YALSA prize package by being the first to complete the Teen Tech Week QR Code Scavenger Hunt! Participants will visit locations both in person and online throughout ALA Midwinter. Solve the clues, find the codes, and scan them into your phone’s QR code reader (visit this page for recommended apps for various platforms).
If you can scan all the codes, you may win an assortment of YALSA goodies. To participate, visit the Teen Tech Week website starting Friday, January 20th. (For more information on QR codes, visit the Wikipedia page on the subject).
Thanks to the Teen Tech Week sponsors for helping make the scavenger hunt possible. Good luck!