Early bird registration for our 2019 YA Services Symposium, which will take place Nov. 1-3 in Memphis, TN ends this Sunday, Sept. 15.
As an added perk, those who join YALSA and register for the symposium by Sept. 15 will be automatically entered for a chance to win free registration for the 2020 YALSA symposium. Why join YALSA? Joining YALSA makes you eligible to register with the YALSA member rate, gain access to a quarterly journal, apply for YALSA grants and awards, volunteer on committees, and more. Plus, joining and then registering often costs less than registering as a non-member.
What’s included with registration?
- Opening session on Friday evening feat. Kekla Magoon, Sandhya Menon, Lauren Myracle, and Meredith Russo
- Book Blitz on Saturday evening with light refreshments, up to five free books, and the chance to meet dozens of authors
- Concurrent sessions on Saturday from 8:30am-5pm, and 8:30am-1:00pm on Sunday, with the option to register for additional events Friday
- Closing session on Sunday feat. Renee Ahdieh, Shaun David Hutchinson, Marie Lu, and Veronica Roth
- Access to a free webinar
- A certificate of participation with your contact hours (to receive the certificate, there will be a sign up sheet on site)
- Refreshment breaks mid morning on Saturday and Sunday and an afternoon break on Saturday
- A symposium bag
- A badge holder
In addition to the included programs, the following ticketed events can be added for an additional fee:
- Civic Engagement Pre-conference; 9am-12pm, $79. Learn more and view a sneak peek of the session.
- Information Literacy Pre-conference; 1pm-4pm, $79. Learn more and view a sneak peek of the session.
- Graceland Tour, 2 time slots: 9am – 1pm or 12-4pm, $76. Includes transportation and Elvis Experience Pass (mansion, planes, auto museum, special exhibits, and visitors’ center).
- Author Luncheon, Saturday, 12:00pm – 1:30pm. $49. Feat. Tiffany Jackson, Jennifer Mathieu, Mitali Perkins, and Vince Vawter.