Welcome to the return of the YALSA Update! We’re happy to bring back this weekly feature, sharing news and other information from the YALSA Office, every Thursday.
Changes to YALSA’s Wikis
YALSA’s Wiki (and the YALSA 50th Anniversary Wiki) will now require registration for editing. Both wikis have suffered near-daily spam attacks, and registration will protect our content from abuse. Registration won’t take more than a minuteâ€”simply click the “create an account” link in the top left corner and follow the directions. Once you have an account, please continue to participate in our wikis! If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards and Grantsâ€”Three Weeks Left to Apply!
Each year, YALSA provides more than $33,000 in grants and awards to its members, and it’s not too late to apply for them! Applications must be received in the YALSA Office by December 1, 2007.
YALSA’s grants and awards include:
- Baker and Taylor/YALSA Conference Grants
- BWI/YALSA Collection Development Grant.
- YALSA/Greenwood Publishing Group Service to Young Adults Achievement Award. (This award is given out every other year; it will be given out in 2008, with a December 1, 2007 deadline)
- Sagebrush Award for a Young Adult Reading or Literature Program
- Frances Henne/YALSA/VOYA Research Grant
- Great Book Giveaway Competition
To learn more, visit YALSA’s Grants and Awards page.
Every Thursday, check back to the YALSA Blog for a rundown of news and updates from the YALSA Office. Send your questions and comments to Stevie Kuenn, YALSA Communications Specialist, at email@example.com