In this podcast YALSA Past President Pam Spencer Holley interviews ALA President Jim Rettig.
Holley and Rettig discuss a wide-range of topics including:
- What life is like as ALA President
- Steps to take if you one-day want to be ALA President
- The importance of libraries from cradle to grave
- Upcoming virtual poster sessions
- The Presidential Advisory Committee & how it works
- Rettig’s theme Creating Connections
- Upcoming projects including – Craig’s List for Librarians and new ways for submitting conference programs,
- ALA’s viability for all ages of members including – expanding ways to ask questions at the ALA Candidate’s Forum and the ability of members to use OPAL to meet online
- ALA’s revenue sources and economic future
- How to get involved in ALA
- ALA’s Spectrum Scholars program and finding new ways to help get people interested in librarianship including new opportunities for college students
You can learn more about Jim Rettig’s Presidency on his web site.