The YALSA online chat on Advocacy is archived at http://connect.ala.org/chatrooms/archives/249. Thanks to everyone who joined us and stuck with it through the technical difficulties! Lots of great ideas and resources were shared, but of course, the topic doesn’t end with the chat session, our conversation can continue, here on the blog!
- What does advocacy mean, to you?
- What are some successful advocacy strategies you have employed?
- What do you talk about with people, when you talk about teens?
- What frameworks, if any, do you use, and what do you do when people don’t want to hear about developmental needs or assets?
- Do you work with community agencies in your advocacy efforts?
- Do you involve teens in advocacy (i.e. Legislative Day, Friends Board Mmber)?
- What kinds of resources or training do you find useful, in terms of advocacy?
Thanks for commenting!