It’s time to vote in the ALA/YALSA Election! On March 16, ALA began emailing ballot information to all members whose memberships were current as of Jan. 31 of this year. The email contains the URL and login for your specific ballot. It is the only way for you to access your ballot.
If you haven’t received your election information via email, contact ALA at email@example.com or by phone at 1-800-545-2433,’ ext. 5, to verify your eligibility and get your ballot information sent to you.
Voting will be open until April 23, and results will be available on April 30.
As you prepare to vote, you may find the following links helpful:
- ALA’s Election Guide, with answers to frequently asked questions, timelines and other information
- Candidates for ALA President-Elect, Treasurer and ALA Council (PDF)
- The official YALSA candidate slate, including YALSA President-Elect, YALSA Board of Directors and YALSA award committees
- Podcasts with candidates for ALA President-Elect
- A list of youth division members (those from AASL, ALSC, and YALSA) running for ALA President-Elect or ALA Council, compiled by AASL for informational purposes
- Find out how to run for office, either for YALSA or ALA, in 2010 on the YALSA Wiki. You can also get in touch with John Sexton, chair of YALSA’s Nominating Committee.