Have you heard about the YALSA survey? We are on the final homestretch; it ends September 30th, so you’ve got a few more days to make your opinion known.
YALSA is ALA’s fastest growing division, and wants to hear more about your experiences. YALSA uses your responses to make sure we continue to be an enthusiastic and productive group. Previous surveys have led to big changes; we have mentioned some of them before. Other benefits from past surveys include:
- Expanding our portfolio of CEU offerings by adding monthly webinars and launching the YALSA
- Encouraging and supporting research in Young Adult Librarianship by launching JRLYA.
- Those monthly Tweet-ups? You asked for more social media communication, so YALSA added social media as an option for member engagement and communication, while maintaining existing methods for those who wanted/needed them to remain.
- The Hub came out of your feedback!
- YALSA increased advocacy efforts by creating District Days and writing Issue Briefs
- Created guidelines for Teen Spaces, updating competencies, and creating a teen program evaluation tool’
These changes have been so important — but there are more to make and we can only do it with your help! It doesn’t matter if you are a current member, a former member, or a non-member. If you care about teens and libraries, your voice is important. The survey should only take about fifteen minutes. And, as an incentive to complete the survey, YALSA is offering one lucky winner, who submits their email address at the end of the survey, the opportunity to win a free group registration (Valued at $195) for an upcoming educational webinar.
Current members: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YALSAmbr
Former members: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LapsedMbr
Please take some time to speak up. Be a part of positive change. Your voice is crucial!