Greetings YALSA members! I hope all your back to school activities have gone well, and that you’re enjoying busy libraries and packed programs. I’m sending along a combined July / August President’s report this time around, but will be back to monthly reports after this.
- Attended ALA inauguration brunch following Annual 2014 closing Session
- Conducted board orientation session for new board members
- Conducted Board Development conversation regarding activities and duties of board standing committees
- Finished appointments to 2016 Printz, Edwards, and Non-fiction committees
- With executive Director, identified YALSA members to serve as liaisons or representatives to ALA Committees and Affiliate groups.
- With YALSA Board, nominated YALSA representative for IFLA
Outreach and Media:
- Spoke with Booklist, Christian Science Monitor, and Forbes about YA literature and genre trends.
- Presented Future of Library services for and with Teens to Suffolk Cooperative Library System administrators .
- Thanks to all the chairs, committee members, and board members who completed their terms on June 30th, 2014.
- Thanks to all the members who attended the â€œDecidingâ€ what’s next for YALSAâ€ program at ALA Annual and provided feedback to help shape the next strategic plan.
- An enormous thanks to Dollar General for funding the new Android Teen Book Finder app and additional literacy projects. See a video of the projects here.
- At the end of July, YALSA membership was at 5,130, up 0.9% over July 2013.
- In June, YALSA raised $7,306.50. In July, YALSA raised $180.
- Bundled registration for ALA midwinter is now available. The last day to sign up for bundled registration is September 30th.
- Teen Read Week is nearly upon us. Join the Teen Read Week twitter chat on Sep 29th from 2 to 3 pm est, #trw14.
- YALSA’s Lit Symposium is fast approaching! Will you be in Austin November 14-16? I’ll see you there!