Teen book clubs seem to be a tough thing to get started. What do we read? How do I get teens in? How do I keep them coming? Could it be online and in person? Here are some tips on how to make a great teen book club…
1. Take a survey to see what teens in your area are reading, when they visit the library, and how often they visit.
2. Teens have busy schedules, one meeting a month is usually plenty.
3. Have snacks (If you can). I know we don’t want this to be the main focus, but it lures them in!
4. Have them chose their books instead of you choosing for them.
5. Have an online forum for them to discuss their books in case they couldn’t make it to the meeting. Or, have an all online book club!
6. Do a fun art project based around the book you’re reading.
Do you have a successful teen book club? Do you have tips you would like to share? Please comment below and tell us all about it! And take a look at the ‘grams below to see what others are doing for their book clubs.