Hi all, I wanted to give you a quick update on some activities I’ve been up to as YALSA President for April and May. I’ll have one more update after this, to provide my President’s report from ALA Annual.
- Hosted YALSA member town hall to discuss how YALSA is aligning activities and resources with the Futures Report
- Met with YALSA’s Executive Committee to plan agenda for Annual Conference
- Attended National Library Legislative Day with Beth Yoke, Jenna Jaureguy and Vandy Pacetti-Tune, and met with policy makers and congressional staff to advocate for the importance of libraries
- Appointed members to fill vacancies on various committees.
- Submitted YALSA’s Annual Report to ALA Council
- Discussed library resources for LGBTQ with New York Times
- Spoke with Truthout.org to talk about library summer learning programs
- Thanks to all those who stood as candidates in the recent elections! Congratulations to Sarah Hill, YALSA President Elect, Todd Krueger, Division Councilor, and Diane Coulson and Kate McNair, Board Members at large
- See you in San Francisco! ALA Annual Conference starts June 24th. Find all the YALSA activities on the YALSA wiki
- April membership = 5,189; April fundraising = $50
- May membership = 5,153; May fundraising = $2,725