Looking for ways to participate in YALSA? Want to gain valuable professional development experience and network with others who put Teens 1st? Want to help YALSA achieve its mission to “support library staff in alleviating the challenges teens face, and in putting all teens ‒ especially those with the greatest needs ‒ on the path to successful and fulfilling lives?”
If you answered yes to any or all of those questions, then make sure to complete a Committee Volunteer form by February 1, 2017.
As YALSA President-Elect, I’ll make appointments in February and March for the following YALSA committees.
- AASL/ASLC/YALSA Joint School/Public Library Cooperation
- Division and Membership Promotion
- Financial Advancement
- Organization and Bylaws
- Summer Learning
- Teen Read Week
- YALS/YALSAblog Editorial Advisory Board
- Hub Advisory Board
- Research Journal Advisory Board
- Teens’Top Ten
- District Days*
- To be considered for an appointment, you must be a current personal member of YALSA and submit a Committee Volunteer form by February 1st, 2017.
- Individuals may not serve on more than one selection or award committee at the same time, nor may they serve on the board and a selection or award committee at the same time.
- If you are currently serving on a committee and are eligible to and interested in serving for another term, you MUST fill out a volunteer form (so I know you’re still interested and want to do serve another term).
Important Points to Keep in Mind:
- We strive to ensure a broad representation on all committees across diverse backgrounds, types of libraries, geographic location and more.
- Serving on a committee or taskforce is a significant commitment. Please review the resources on this web page before you submit a form to make sure that committee work is a good fit for you at this point in time.
- When you fill out a form, you will receive an automated email response letting you know it was received. After that, you should not expect to hear about the status of your volunteer form until I contact you in March or early April.
Want more information? Click on the links above. Check out the Committee FAQ. Watch the Selection Committee Webinar.
Please free to contact me with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for volunteering with YALSA!