If you are a particularly passionate advocate of all that YALSA provides for its members and the teen reader community as a whole, the Division and Membership Promotion Committee needs you!
The committee’s function has changed several times throughout the years, and has been updated again this year in alignment with our new Organizational Plan. Membership engagement is one of the four goals of YALSA’s strategic plan, underscoring the importance of this committee! More specifically, goals to be accomplished by the Division and Membership Promotion Committee by 2025 are:
- Welcoming new members.
- Communicate with volunteers regarding the status of their application.
- Work with staff to implement a recruitment, retention, and recovery plan for members of YALSA.
- Assist in identifying why YALSA does not retain some members, especially members of color or other minority groups, and address those challenges.
- Develop additional ways to recognize and thank volunteers for their contributions.
- Identify existing campaign launches as a starting point to recruit new members.
- To ensure that online content mirrors actual benefits and brainstorm opportunities to improve the presentation.
Normally this is a one year position which would run from the beginning of July through the end of June. However, since we’re recruiting later this year, the term will be 12/1 through 6/30/22. You will need to be a YALSA member and abide by the ALA Policy of the three committee limit.
- Current membership in YALSA
- To accomplish work in a virtual environment taskforce members must be competent users of digital tools, including but not limited to Google docs, Skype, social media and ALA Connect.
- Thorough knowledge of YALSA’s products and services
- Thorough knowledge of YALSA membership structure, dues rates, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of volunteer opportunities in YALSA
- Strong marketing skills
- Good interpersonal skills
If interested, please fill out the Committee Volunteer Form at your earliest convenience. (*Note: Make sure you’re logged in with your membership information. Select ‘Next’ at the bottom of the page and you will see the Division and Membership Promotion Committee option). For any questions with the form, contact YALSA Member Manager, Letitia Smith (email@example.com).