So many highlights this month! Of course January is near and dear to many for the announcement of the Youth Media Awards. What an honor to shine the light on the enormous work the committees have done to bring forth the titles from amazing authors. As I was recording I did catch myself a few times feeling the impact of the words in these books. I’m sure if I was in person and on stage, a tissue box would be sitting near by!
While many of us probably have some exciting weather stories to share from January- we hopefully can continue to put the cold in our review mirror if that’s not our jam!
Such a busy month to the start of the new year!
- Appointed Member Chair Dora Ho for the Evaluating Volunteer Resources Taskforce
- Implemented Short Term Leave Plan to support member (normalizing rest!)
- Hosted Joint Executive Board meeting with AASL and ALSC
- Set up interviews for Hub Manager position, working with YALSA ED and Board Liaison Traci Glass
- Met with Presidential Task Force. Appointed new member-Brooke Corso. Scheduled upcoming Snack and Chat Webinar to focus on re-building Teen Social Capital. (Join us March 9 at 1p CST! Check e-News)
- Held virtual 2022 YALSA Winter Board Meeting
- Finalized members for the Division & Membership Promotion Committee
- Set up Connect discussion group for YALSA Board members to work on addressing recommendations for EDI Taskforce report on Promoting Professional Success for Underrepresented Groups Within YALSA
- Recorded the Youth Media Award winners for YALSA (Alex, Margaret A. Edwards, Morris, Nonfiction and Michael L. Printz) which were presented on January 24
- Shared information with YALSA members from RUSA/ETS Best Emerging Technology Application Awards
As always-grateful for the work of the YALSA Staff, the Board, and all the Volunteers that make up the wonderful organization of YALSA!
Any questions or comments, feel free to post below or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kelly Czarnecki (she/her)