YALSA is currently looking for volunteers for the Presidential Initiatives Implementation Task Force.
I am happy to announce that my President year them will center on the freedom to read.
I need YALSA member volunteers who are passionate about protecting the freedom to read and the right to intellectual freedom to volunteer for my Presidential Initiatives Implementation Task Force.
Together we will work on the following:
- Taking the freedom to read theme and develop a theme slogan for the presidential year
- Planning a year of projects and outcomes aligned with the freedom to read theme
- Setting goals and activities for the year centered on the freedom to read theme
- Collaborating with other ALA entities and other organizations or groups to bring resources to members centered on this freedom to read theme
- Working within YALSA members and leaders to create resources for YALSA members by YALSA members centered on the freedom to read theme
- Plan the 2024 Annual Conference President Program
If you are interested in volunteering, you can access our YALSA Volunteer form with this link: https://www.ala.org/CFApps/volunteer/form.cfm
As you fill out the nomination form, please refer to my post from last fall: How to Fill Out YALSA’s Volunteer Form. Please email me (President-elect, Colleen Seisser) with your interest as that will expedite the review of your application and ensure I have eyes on it. You must be a current YALSA member and you must not already have three ALA volunteer commitments.
Respectfully submitted by YALSA President-Elect, Colleen Seisser