YALSA is seeking a Member Manager for the YALSA blog. The deadline has been extended to submit an application by May 5, 2023. The Member Manager will be responsible for the content and look of the blog and will work closely to recruit and oversee designated bloggers. The mission of the YALSA Blog is to provide a virtual space for publishing information about time-sensitive issues and to provide a forum for members and the library community to discuss matters relating to serving teens through libraries.
List of Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in web publishing, either in editing or writing, sufficient to enable the individual to recruit and manage bloggers, with responsibilities including but not limited to identifying timely topics, maintaining a high standard of writing, and ensuring compliance with YALSA’s Blog Policy
- HTML proficiency
- Familiarity with content management software including WordPress for the administration of blog sites
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual
- Ability to delegate.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Experience in library services to young adults
- Membership in YALSA
- Communicate with bloggers and the YALSA Office on a regular basis in order to generate ideas for content, assign posting topics, and discuss blog management.
- Review and edit audio and video content submitted to the blog to make sure the quality is acceptable and that it includes YALSA branding prior to posting.
- Manage blog postings daily to guarantee the quality of content and appropriate tagging and category identification.
- Manage comments and spam daily in order to guarantee that the blog content is appropriate.
- Recruit bloggers on a regular basis
- Meet with and provide any necessary training to bloggers via Zoom or another online meeting tool
- Attend the YA Symposium and Annual to recruit bloggers and inform committees about the blog
- Write reports prior to the Summer and Winter virtual meetings for submission to the YALSA Board.
- Work with YALSA and ALA Office staff as appropriate to update and manage blog software.
- Keep track of add-ons and plug-ins to blog software to make sure they are up to date and to add to the blog as necessary.
- Work with the YALS, JRYLA editors, and The HUB Blog manager as appropriate to coordinate the dissemination of information to members and the library community.
- Co-Chair the YALS and YALSA Blog Advisory Board
- Answer questions and inquiries about the blog.
- Follow all established blog policies and guidelines, enforce them as necessary, and periodically conduct a review of them to ensure currency.
The Member Manager will be selected by the YALSA Executive Committee by May 26, 2023. The year term will begin in June 2023, with an option to renew in May 2024. The Member Manager will receive an honorarium of $500 per year plus $500 towards travel to each Annual Conference and YA Symposium while serving as Member Manager. Candidates should send a cover letter and resume, which includes writing and web publishing experiences to:
LaMoya Burks, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
and cc, Franklin Escobedo, YALSA President at email@example.com
All resumes, etc. must be submitted via email. For further information contact Franklin Escobedo, YALSA President at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is May 5, 2023.