YALSA is looking for a Board Fellow for the 2023-24 year. The YALSA Board Fellow position gives YALSA members an expanded opportunity to be involved in the leadership of the association. Each year one fellow will be selected from that year’s pool of applicants. The selected candidate will serve a one-year term on the YALSA Board as a non-voting member. While a non-voting member, the fellow is expected to participate fully in the year-round work of the Board including attending and participating in all meetings and discussions.
Benefits of Serving as a YALSA Board Fellow
Those who are selected to be a YALSA Board Fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Enhance leadership, management, and administration skills
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the association and how associations work
- Experience what YALSA Board service entails and if a longer-term leadership position in YALSA is of interest
- Network with association leaders
- Give back to the association through service in a leadership position
Read more about the benefits of board service.
Click here to learn more about the Board Fellow positions from first-hand accounts from past Board Fellows.
If the Board Fellow position sounds like the match for you follow this link to complete the application form (disregard the due date listed). When you have completed the form, please be sure to email YALSA President-Elect, Colleen Seisser, to expedite the processing of your application.