YALSA is still looking for volunteers for our award and blogging teams.
Interested members need to complete the Committee Volunteer Form, be sure to indicate any previous experience you have had with book discussion groups, award or selection list skills, and/or review writing. Please check last year’s “How to fill out YALSA’S Volunteer Form” blog post for more helpful hints.
Not a member? Join now and gain experience serving on one of our prestigious award and blogging teams.
The six award committees are:
- Alex Awards
- Margaret A. Edwards Award
- William C. Morris Award
- Nonfiction Award
- ALSC/BOOKLIST/YALSA Odyssey Award
- Michael L. Printz Award
- Pura Belpré Award
- Book Awards Oversight Committee
The blogging selection list teams are:
- Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults
- Best Fiction for Young Adults
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- For Book Awards you have to apply each year because the form changes each year and the President-Elect cannot see the previous year’s applications.
- Book and Selected list awards applications open up in the Fall
- Strategic Committees open up in January
- For Book Awards and Selected lists, YALSA has a conflict of interest policy that is helpful to review when considering applying.
- For everyone appointed, you should hear from Letitia Smith first; she will send you a form you need to complete to accept the appointment. There will be some limbo time as Letitia works to compile the rosters.
- Once the rosters are compiled and sent out, your Chair will reach out to share training information.
Please read last year’s “How to fill out YALSA’S Volunteer Form” blog post for more helpful hints.