Posted by Paula Brehm-Heeger
Thanks to everyone for the great comments about TAG activities. Clearly, TAGs can be an invaluable tool when it comes to building effective teen services! Some unique TAG activities mentioned in comments from the field include asking TAG members to:
- Speak at staff training events
- Ask questions of candidates for Teen Librarian positions
- Create booklists
- Help with children’s programs
- Offer general feedback about service
- Plan special theme-based programs
A few of these suggestions hint at the advocacy role TAGs can play internally – advocating for service to teens within the Library organization.
What about the role TAGs play in advocating for the Library in the community, particularly with other teens? How do your TAG members raise the profile of the Library? Could they be doing more?