Again this year, YALSA is soliciting member input in its Annual survey. YALSA uses your opinions, responses, and suggestions on this survey to create and improve programming and establish tools and resources that those working with young adults ‘ really need.
Some of the benefits and projects that have come out of past surveys include:
- A YALSA Mentor Program, which I as a newer librarian, have found to have been instrumental in helping to guide my library career.
- Created more opportunities for members to be involved in the association by making all process committees virtual groups.
- Established The Hub as a literature resource for members, as well as JRLYA for members to keep up with current YA research.
And, these are just a view of the initiatives that came from your input!
It doesn’t matter if you are a current member, a former member, or a non-member, YALSA wants to hear what you have to say. The survey runs until September 30th.
The following are the links where you can access the survey:
- Current members:‘ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/YALSAmbr
- Former members:‘ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LapsedMbr
- Non-members:‘ http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NMbr
It will only take a few minutes to complete the survey, but your comments could lead to a big impact on the organization and more resources for its members!
And, as an incentive to complete the survey, YALSA is offering one lucky winner, who submits their email address at the end of the survey, the opportunity ‘ to win a free group registration (Valued at $195) for an upcoming educational webinar.
Please don’t hesitate, fill out the survey today! YALSA needs YOU!